School Based Programing
FabNewport is always interested in partnering with schools or other community based organizations to run programs that foster belonging while building skills. We are delighted with our long term relationships with the Metropolitan Regional Career and Technical Center, an Innovative Career and Technical High School in Rhode Island, All Saints Academy in Middletown, and Newport Public Schools.
Thompson Middle School–Heart Club
- The Heart Club provides a social emotional safe environment where students feel respected and can put into practice their developing life skills.
All Saints Academy STEAM Programming
- FabNewport has run ASA’s STEAM programming from Pre-K-8th grade since 2014. The curriculum includes coding, digital design, 3D modeling and printing, electronics and other kinds of making that connect with the school’s curriculum.
- 3D Modeling
- Learners use Autodesk software to build skills, develop projects and earn an industry approved certification
- DMM–Design Make Manufacture
- Learners develop ideas and products while exploring the fundamentals of coding, 2 and 3D design, sewing and small scale manufacturing with vinyl cutting and laser etching.